We are members of the Evangelical Covenant Church which is a denomination of more than 800 churches in the United States and Canada. It was founded by Swedish immigrants in 1885 as a voluntary fellowship of churches committed to working together to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Covenant churches emphasize the Bible’s witness to new life in Jesus Christ expressed in a day to day walk with the Lord. The Evangelical Covenant Church seeks to form and nurture communities that are deeply committed to Jesus Christ and passionately engaged in Christ’s mission in the world.
Crossroads Covenant Church and the denomination it belongs to affirm:
- the centrality of the Word of God
- the necessity of new birth in Christ
- a commitment to the whole mission of God’s Church
- the Church as a fellowship of believers
- a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit, and
- the reality of freedom in Christ
- If you’d like to know more about the Covenant Affirmations, you may read them in PDF format here.
For more general information about the Evangelical Covenant Church, click here.